What is an Upright Vacuum Cleaner?
Cleaning can be challenging whether it is at a home or at any establishments. But in today’s modern generation, with the right equipments, cleaning is made easier and faster. One of the best cleaning appliances that you may have and hold is the Upright Vacuum Cleaner.
An upright vacuum cleaner is a type of vacuum cleaner that is being pushed by the person operating it. It has a base and wheels at the bottom. And, it also has an elongated handle and bag which are attached together. This is one of the most popular modern designs among those vacuum cleaners. In fact, it uses rotating brush roll or beater bar which remove dirt through sweeping and vibrating as well.
How does an Upright Vacuum Cleaner Works?
Once you’ve turned on the upright vacuum cleaner, the electric current flows down and operates the motor. Down the motor is a fan that looks like a propeller. This larged-bladed fan will turn which will make the rotating brush to roll and will suck the dirt and dust by forcing the air to move forward the exhaust port.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of using an Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Sometimes, choosing the right vacuum cleaner can be confusing and challenging. However, in order for you to know about what to expect when you’ve decided to choose an Upright Vacuum Cleaner is to determine both of its negative and positive side.
- It is easier to use compare to a canister vacuum cleaner since all you have to do is to move it smoothly back and forth.
- It is cheaper and easier to store because of its slimmer and denser feature. Actually, it can fit to the closet and any other small spaces inside your home.
- It has more tools, features, and accessories like dirt sensors, wide cleaning paths, unique tools, self-propelled motors, on/off brush roll, height adjustment and several filter types which can make you enhance its purpose.
- It is good for quick cleaning, especially on the carpet.
- It is not good in cleaning the hard surfaces or hard-to-reach places as the hose cannot be easily maneuvered and because of how the base shapes.
- It is hard to be used in vacuuming the stairs because the hose is not stretchable.
- The bagless models cannot be able to hold plenty of dust and dirt compare to bag models.
- It may not prevent the dirt from scattering.
Things to Consider in Choosing an Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Do you want to have a lightweight or heavyweight?
The old models of vacuum cleaners usually are heavy to push around. However, in today’s latest innovation, there are lightweight upright vacuum cleaners that you can select. The lighter the upright vacuum cleaner may be the lesser is its features. It may not contain self-propelled motor that adds heaviness. However, lightweight upright vacuum cleaner may do greater works than the heavier one. That’s why choose wisely.
- Do you prefer bagged or bagless model?
An Upright Vacuum cleaner comes in two designs which are the bagged and the bagless model. The bagged model uses a bag to trap the dust and dirt inside the vacuum. However, if you’ll choose this one, you need not to forget changing it frequently. This sometimes discourages the other consumers to choose a bagged model. On the other hand, the bagless model uses a filter to trap dust and dirt into a cup. Once it reaches the fill line, the filter is needed to be replaced or to be cleaned.
Proper filtration system is important to make your vacuum works efficiently. The filter will be the one to ensure that every small particle is exhausted back into the air. This may affect families with allergies and respiration problems. Proper maintenance of the filter will protect the machine from being damaged.
- The performance level
You should ask the in charge of the upright vacuum cleaner about how does it functions. Like for instance, try to check the amps and airwatts to indicate that your upright vacuum cleaner is at its best when being turned on.
- Maintenance and storage
Before purchasing, make sure that you’ll already know about how to take care of it and how to store it properly so that you can enjoy its benefits for longer years.
- Extra features, tools and the warranty
Each upright vacuum cleaner has different features which you may enjoy. Try to select the features which you may benefit and may suit your budget. Lastly, choose an upright vacuum cleaner that has warranty to ensure its durability and credibility of the manufacturer.
Take it from those who have tried the best Upright Vacuum Cleaners.